Sail Update

Progress seems to be being made. Goshawk of Møn is slowly being readied for the season!

Last time I wrote I mentioned that the bolt rope on the genoa would not fit the new furling gear, which was an unexpected hiccup. I’m pleased to report that the cost of fitting a new luff tape that will work with the updated gear was not as high as I feared it would be. Similarly, the cost to repair the sail is at the lower end of expectations. Consequently I have asked Nick Mussett to proceed with the work. Hopefully it will be completed promptly so that we can get Goshawk in the water sooner rather than later!

I’ve also asked the marina to arrange for Goshawk to be antifouled.

We’re gradually getting closer to the moment we can launch her and sail her around to her summer mooring!

Leave a Reply